Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Jobs

Cary is in full swing now with his job. He's not wearing a tie but he's looking pretty dapper with dress pants and nice shirts. It's upscale to what he is usually wearing back home. Whenever I would protest as to what he was wearing, he would always retort," I'll be wearing a lab coat!" or " "I'm not seeing patients today!"
 Anyway he marches off with a big black umbrella and his backpack and running shoes and he's only a few minutes walk from work.

Simon and I are not having much luck. I phoned a farmer who was looking for asparagus pickers. After taking my name and phone number and experience(?) he paused and then asked me my age. After I told him there was another long pause and he said he was full up with workers and he'd call me if someone dropped out. Many people have said nice things about having some work contacts but nothing has happened yet.
Simon went to see a work centre today but they basically said they have 300 people registered and they are all out of work as well. He might have to go out of this region and think about horticultural work and he will look into that.
If some of you would like to leave a comment on this post or any that have been published, just go to the top right corner of each post, click on Follower or google icon. Follow the prompts. I think you just need to leave your email or gmail as a tracker. The next time you click on 'leave a comment' it would just recognise that you are this blog follower. I would love to hear from you!
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoying the photos and commentary. Good job!
    Those Kiwi's don't know what they are missing in the labour department.I've heard that in Gimli you have to fight the asparigus first then pick. Mild mannered NZ asparagus would not have a chance with you guys pickin'
    K

    ReplyDelete